Expertise and accomplishments
- Extensive writing, editing and/or publications experience in corporate communications, including internal, external and business-to-business; procedural, process and standards documentation
- Communications experience includes print, electronic and broadcast media.
- Effective in managing the focus, dissemination and positioning of communications for internal and external distribution.
- Adept in working with global audiences in both virtual and face-to-face environments and creating cross-cultural communications.
- Web site management and provision of training on web and content management; well-versed in best practices for web usability.
- Creation of training and documentation for web management and electronic communications.
- Significant experience with creation and management of intranets as well as use of web design and development tools.
- Industries served include:
- Agricultural Communications
- Academic research
- Electricity and power technology providers
- Legal services
- Information technology including software development and internet services.
- Published writer including articles in regional and local newspapers; literary award winner.
- Conceived and produced weekly real estate marketing publication, Property Plus. Responsible for all content, design of each week's publication, and "house" advertisements to help encourage readers to advertise their property in the magazine.
- Attendance at web usability seminars and conferences.
- Applied for and received grant to fund a five-minute training video from the NC State University Department of Food Science Extension in cooperation with the North Carolina Pollution Prevention Pays Program.
Awards and certificates
- Red Cross Certificate of Appreciation for Dorothea Dix Hospital volunteer service.
- Philip Morris Scholar (academic-based merit award)
- FISH! Award from ACS for training and support
- ABB Accounting Shared Services Center COACH-IT! Award
- PACE SETTER Award for Customer Excellence Certificate of Recognition
- Kforce STAR Consultant
- Great Performers Thank You! In recognition of Customer Focus
- LexisNexis Spirit Week 2009 contribution acknowledgement
- Great Performers Thank You! In recognition of Innovation
Honors and recognition
- Participant and winner in Interviewing Competition for the N.C. Post-Secondary Agricultural Schools Organization.
- Outstanding Service and Leadership Certificates from NC State University's Agricultural Institute Club and the NCSU School of Agricultural and Life Sciences.
- Distinguished Service Certificate to Agri-Life Council as NC State University's Agricultural Institute Representative
- Certificate of articipation in Optimist Club Oratorial Contest
- Media coordinator, GuardCares Association
- Publications Committee Chair, Vance Elementary School PTA
- Red Cross volunteer
"Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can't miss." ~ Lee Iacocca