Cisco Systems – Project Manager – Cisco IT Internet of Everything Program
Responsible for the internal marketing and communications of Cisco's Internet of Everything (IoE) program; duties include the conception and implementation of a communications plan to raise awareness of the program within Cisco. Provide a distinctive, and consistent, look-and-feel for the IT IoE Program for use in presentations, newsletters, web sites and multi-media communications.
- Manage monthly executive updates working with project teams to create the presentations to show the project’s status, value to enterprise, ROI and expected outcomes.
- Managed the presentations of executives and project teams for the program’s annual summit.
- Designed and created PowerPoint templates for executive presentations;
- Management of the program’s intranet sites;
- Writing and editing employee communications, creating executive presentations, webinar and video production;
- Planning, creating and launching redesign of existing intranet site including migrating to the Jive platform using industry best practices in usability.
- Launched site two weeks ahead of schedule.
- User adoption of 35% in the first four weeks.
MUFG Americas – Corporate Communications Technology Lead
Worked with Director of Corporate Communications to support for the Americas’ intranet and internet sites including employee communications, web content provision and management. Act as liaison for Corporate Communications with internal and external technology vendors, developers and administrators on internet and intranet development.
- Evaluated current SharePoint intranet, documented areas for improvement, provided recommendations to streamline processes and enhance user experience.
- Member of project team that created and launched a social media intranet for the Americas.
- Created recommendations for, and collaborated on, development of strategy for user adoption.
- Created help resources and sites with step-by-step documents for specific areas of the platform, acted as moderator for user feedback after launch; wrote weekly blog to set example for users.
- Acted as interim enterprise community manager, user support contact, site moderator and community advocate; created gamification code and implemented scheme.
- Co-lead for project to create a global intranet portal to connect employees worldwide. Worked with global communicators and subject matter experts to gather requirements, gain consensus for project and link existing intranets; provide structure and design of site and liaise with internal and external vendors.
Parata Systems – SharePoint Administrator
Lead analyst and administrator for SharePoint intranet and team sites; responsible for developing and sustaining relationships with subject matter experts, site owners and key stakeholders.
- Worked with business stakeholders on site content, user adoption, and governance policies; established and presided over governance committee.
- Worked with SMEs on integrating social media tools and team collaboration efforts.
- Worked with web content providers; wrote page content; established style and content guidelines.
- Provided process and training materials for users and content managers.
Web Site Consultant/Self-employed
Provide customers with content provision, search engine optimization, site design and administration services; references available. Projects include:
- Updated and rewrote content for SEO and site management for local fencing company and now manage its WordPress site.
- Company realized 30% increase in online requests for quotes within four weeks of updates to site’s content and metadata; rose to first in search engine results.
- Lead in creating an online university’s WordPress site, providing content provision and site management to provide new and existing students with information, career coaching and news – including industry trends for a variety of fields of study. Assisted with coordination and messaging alignment in social media including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. See for sample pages and articles.
LexisNexis Group – Manager, Internal Communications
Partnered with the Director of Internal Communications and Global Vice President of Human Resources to create and execute a communications strategy to meet a senior executive initiative to raise employee engagement and awareness.
- Directed project for migration of global intranet to SharePoint platform:
- Team lead on subsequent redesign and migration to parent company’s platform.
- Responsible for all electronic communications including executive messages, employee emails and web content; supervised all global web content; established style and publishing guidelines; maintained editorial calendar for intranet content and mass email messages.
- Worked with team on executive communications including all-employee conference calls, webinars, presentations and town halls.
- Assisted in email and social media communications, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, during product launch campaign.
- Worked with team on creating change management messages during a major reorganization within the company.
- Created executive presentations, video scripts, newsletters and web content.
- Member of Global Web Governance, Crisis Communications and Business Continuity committees.
- Member of product launch campaign team; assisted in site design, wrote and edited content for site, personas, and newsletters.
- A 30% increase in site traffic and 15% increase in content and number of active sites owned by employee rose 25% six months after launch.
- All-employee conference calls participants rose from under 1,000 to approximately 5,000;
- Employee net promoter scores increased by 8%; overall employee satisfaction increased by 3%.
ABB Inc., Raleigh, NC – U.S. Web Manager
Site manager and administrator for internet and intranet site; supported Director of Internal Communications in executive and employee communications with emphasis on change management communications and employee engagement.
- Managed external and internal web sites; led project to redesign internet and intranet sites for ABB U.S.
- Project lead and facilitator for business unit/corporate communications collaboration to improve content and develop interactive functionality for abb.us product sites.
- Provided content and graphics development, creation of processes and best practices for content creation and site publishing; collaborated with corporate and business unit communicators to produce customer- and employee-facing messages.
- Created and published processes and best practices for content creation and site publishing.
- Performed as interim internal communications coordinator.
- Conference and event management for global staff and sales.
- External site had a 30% increase in traffic in 12 months.
- Traffic to intranet rose 25% in 9 months.
- Member of team awarded IABC Vision Award of Merit: Employee/Member Communications.
- Webmaster in Design Media Certificate
North Carolina State University Computer Training Unit, Raleigh, NC
- Digital Specialist Certification
- Digital Strategist Certification
- Digitial Master Certification
- Social Ambassador
"Regardless of the changes in technology, the market for well-crafted messages will always have an audience." ~ Steve Burnett, The Burnett Group